- 12 oz. bowtie pasta
- 3 tbsp. butter
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large chicken breast cubed about 1”
- 3 tbsp. chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 2 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 oz. cream cheese
- 1 ½ cup shredded Italian 5 cheese blend (divided)
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 oz. jar sun dried tomatoes in olive oil (about 1 cup)
- 1 tbsp. olive oil from sun dried tomatoes
- ¼ cup Panko bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook pasta according to package directions until al dente. Drain and return to pot, set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium heat, melt 1 tablespoon butter and 1 tbsp of the olive oil from the sun dried tomatoes. Add garlic and sauté until fragrant (about 1 minute), add chicken, and 2 tablespoons parsley. Season with salt sauté until chicken is fully cooked. Transfer cooked chicken to bowl. (Keep juices in skillet.)
- Add remaining 2 tablespoons butter to skillet to let melt, then add flour and whisk until golden, 1 to 2 minutes. Add coconut milk and chicken broth and bring to a simmer. Stir in cream cheese and 1 cup cheese blend continue to whisk until creamy. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add chicken and sun dried tomatoes into cooked penne and toss until combined, then add creamed cheese mixture and toss again. (Add more milk if mixture is too thick.)
- Spread mixture into 9 x 13 glass baking pan and smooth out evenly. Sprinkle with panko bread crumbs, remaining parsley and with remaining 1/4 cup Italian cheese mixture and bake 8 minutes. Broil 2 to 3 more minutes until top is golden brown. Let rest for a few minutes then serve.
Makes 8 (or more) servings